The Thousand Pounds Action Company has delivered amazing films spiced with intense action and coated with a fresh anime and video game feel. Their latest project known as Clandestine: Follow The Path, is an all new project that seems to be full of these intense and fresh flavors. I had a chance to contact Chris Cowan, co-director Clandestine and co-founder of Thousand Pounds Action Company, and Haile Lee, head writer on Clandestine, and ask a few questions about their latest project, “Clandestine: Follow The Path” . I also get a sneak preview of their upcoming film and inquire about the past, present and future of the Thousand Pounds Actions Company.
1. How did the Thousands Pounds Action Company start, and was it called something else initially?
Chris: Team Co-Founders Vonzell Carter, Darren Bailey and I were bored and wanted to shoot fight videos haha. After our first video titled “Round One” we thought we may have been on to something. After that we started reaching out to many players in the stunt/martial arts and film community – Mainly through youtube and facebook to bring together like-minded individuals who wanted to create new martial arts material. We’ve been making videos since!
2. What about the Anime and Video game genre inspires you and your team to create these films?
Haile: I felt the anime and game genre weren’t afraid of a different type of conflict between characters and always tackled it in a very explosive and dramatic fashion. I mean, games and anime are made to grab your attention right away and not let go, so when you are introduced to really cool story elements in that explosive manner — it tends to create something completely new and inspirational. Plus, things just look cooler in those worlds…. Ha.
3. Your upcoming film, “Clandestine: Follow The Path” follows the journey of a young heroine who discovers she is the matriarch of a powerful clan. My question is why did you decided to have the main protagonist to be a heroine? Did societal depiction of women in different forms of media have any influence on your decision?
Haile: We wanted to prove that heroic, action-heavy, lead roles don’t always have to be played by men. I know that there are plenty of female lead characters out in the game and anime market but…I don’t know — It was always just hard for me to believe that those types of characters would be able to fight off a fifty plus hitmen at once while coming out unscathed or — figure out a decent strategy on holding their revealing dress together while they flew through the air. I believe our purpose with Clandestine has always been to show a supernatural world with supernatural feats done by realistic believable characters… and that’s what is going to make Adelene an attractive character overall.
4. What do you hope for the fans that donate to your kickstarter campaign and those who simply enjoy your movies online to gain from watching ”Clandestine: Follow The Path”?
Haile: For them to not only enjoy the story and the amazing action scenes but to be so swept up in Clandestine’s world, that people think about it for weeks after their first viewing. I want people to be so involved in hypothetical conversations like “what clans would I be a part of” and “What would I fight for?”… The more time your mind is in Clandestine, the better we feel about having done our job. haha
5. In the future will we be seeing more original works or more live action anime and video game based films?
Haile: Easy…. Both.
6. Among the Thousands Pounds Action Company, what are the most watched and or played Anime, Comic Book or Video Game
Haile: We all have a lot of different titles that we like respectively, mine would include Berserk, Fist of the North Star, Jo Jo’s Bizzare Adventure, Vagabond, Gundam and One piece. Collectively, as you can see, we all love Naruto…and for one that we all watched and talked about around the same time would probably Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. Haha, there are so many more titles I’m missing here but… you get the point — we all are huge fans.
7. I know it is pretty early to discuss but can you give me a sneak peek at possible films that the company will take on after Clandestine?
Haile: Haha nah, right now we are only in Clandestine mode. Ask again in a few months…
As you can see The Thousand Pounds Action Company is pulling no stops for their fans. They feel committed to their goal of inviting you into a supernatural world where the mundane is unacceptable and the action never stops. Help them help you and donate to their Kickstarter campaign. And now without further adieu I present the sneak peek to their upcoming film “Clandestine: Follow the path”.
Clandestin: Enter the Eagle!!!